Steel technology and steel market trends for the automotive industry
Since 80% of the car body is of steel, it is the best known and tested material in automotive production and usage. Steel is still offering new lightweight solutions through innovative processing technologies and can be proposed for alternative powertrains as EVs and HEVs. The steel producers are still facing a number of challenges, including the EU energy and environmental targets and the ongoing increase in raw material prices.
Steel lightweight solutions and chassis steel technology
Weight reduction clearly and explicitly remains the most important goal in modern car body engineering, mainly driven by agreed CO² emission reduction targets. Here steel offers new applications that are viable for high and ultrahigh strength alloys.
Next to body the chassis is in focus once again, since it is dominated by steel and will continue to do so in the future. Lightweight solutions will gain in importance here.
In our conference high-level speakers from the industry will present their projects and share their expertise:
- Explore the evolution of steel sheet characterization to evaluate the fatigue behaviour of new materials
- Learn about new applications for high and ultra-high strength alloys
- Gain insight into future automotive market needs and development trends
- Find out how innovative steel materials for automotive lightweight solutions are realised through new processing and optimisation technologies
- Solve the challenges of the substitution of steel within chassis components and establish future steel concepts for the chassis
Benefit from our interactive workshopsInteractive Workshop Day | Friday, 21 June 2013
A | New Technologies in sheet metals
B | Steel material needs for alternative powertrains such as EVs and HEVs
Do not miss this unique opportunity to hear the latest trends and developments! Leading companies and institutes are presenting such as:
- Adam Opel AG
- PSA Peugeot Citroen S.A.
- Outokumpu Nirosta AG
- Benteler Automobiltechnik GmbH
- voestalpine Stahl GmbH
- BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH & Co. KG
- Platts/Steel Business Briefing
- ArcelorMittal Automotive Europe
- Salzgitter Mannesmann Forschung GmbH
- Centro Ricerche Fiat
- BILSTEIN GmbH & Co. KG
- The Steel Index
- Institut für Technik und Design (ITD)
- Tata Steel Europe
- Renault SAS
- EZM EdelstahlZieherei Mark GmbH
It's been an opportunity to be in close contact with all the realities related to the steel business of the automotive industry.Stefano Maggi, Responsible of Metal & Anticorrosion-Surface Tretments, Centro Ricerche Fiat
Great conference where industry experts and key market players were covering wide range of topics. It provided good cooperation opportunities for both steel and automotive manufacturers, as well as great overview of the current market trends.Julia Mihalkina, Economist, IHS Gobal Insight